WP2 starts from the current context of knowledge in fish nutrition, and considers work on improvement in rearing conditions and feeding strategies fundamental to improve their related KPIs. This is a multidisciplinary WP that looks for correlations among different parameters related to feeding and growth. The research addresses current gaps in fish feeding, management practices and fish behaviour, welfare and interlinks with genetics ( WP3). Research will be carried out not only in experimental laboratory trials and pilot tests but also at farm level through case studies in Spain and Greece. The applicability and economic profitability of the approaches tested will be evaluated in WP8 from data gathered in this task.
- Address the problem of fat deposition from a multidisciplinary approach.
- Improve seed juvenile quality for on-growing purposes by means of epigenetics.
- Determine optimal conditions for juveniles to apply protocols for improving their performance.
- Reduce FCR, improve health and stress tolerance by better rearing and feeding strategies for juveniles.
- Improve welfare by minimising stressful events through nutritional modulation and immune-stimulation.