While economic research has covered almost all aspects on the economics of other species like salmon seabass and seabream have not received the same attention in the literature. A few studies have improved the understanding of topics such as productivity, efficiency, competitiveness, market definition, and consumer behavior. This proposal aims to provide a wider approach by adding new topics to the existing body of literature and providing a systematic approach for understanding the main challenges and opportunities affecting the Mediterranean aquaculture industry.
- Assessment of the economic efficiency and economic optimization of Mediterranean aquaculture production.
- Assessment of the market efficiency of the relevant species.
- Analyze the effects of concentration at different levels of the value chain.
- Assessment of preferences on regard Mediterranean aquaculture along the different stages of the value chain.
- Analyze the economic impact of technical improvements and innovations in product processing and public image strategies.